1. Awesome was selling my first print.
In the 16+ years I’ve been drawing, I’ve never had a print made of my work, nor have I put any of my drawings for sale.
Not only did I sell my first print, I’ve had requests for more. Nothing like a little boost of inspiration!
2. Awesome was receiving my new glasses, after literally one month’s wait. Nothing instills patience like waiting for mail in the North.
3. Awesome is teamwork, and the positive changes you can see when a strong team comes together wih an equally strong action plan.
1. Awesome was an evening of drinks with friends to conclude a very trying week.
2. Awesome was celebrating a birthday with lots of friends on Saturday evening.
3. Awesome was having my boyfriend back in Kuujjuaq, and spending a lovely evening together eating raclette and playing The Walking Dead board game.
4. Awesome was not only speaking lots of French this weekend both Friday and Saturday nights, but doing so with much more automaticity and ease than just a few weeks ago.
1. Awesome is it being the weekend. There are a million and one reasons why this week was not an easy one in the classroom – it being the first week back at school, and a short one at that, being among them. Words can’t describe how thankful I am for this weekend to recharge my batteries and prepare myself for next week, which, God willing, will be a bit easier.
2. Awesome is breaking out my gym membership for the first time in at least 2 months (I’d taken a break and decided to do some cardio/yoga at home, as I was getting bored of the gym). It was refreshing to be back, and nice to see all those familiar faces that I only ever really see at the gym.
3. Awesome was signing onto my online banking and actually seeing my credit card not only paid off, but with extra credit. This is the first time in a year and a half. And my goal is to keep it that way on a monthly basis.
1. Awesome was a smooth return to Kuujjuaq and, despite the fact that I didn’t want my vacation to be over, a smooh return to teaching.
2. Awesome are 3 years of income tax refunds, all at once. Goodbye credit card debt, hello RRSP and Iceland! Even more awesome is that there’s a bit more to come.
3. Awesome is a plan for the new year, which will keep me a whole lot more organized, and healthier from now on.
1. Awesome was ringing in the new year with a mix of both new and exciting, and quiet and relaxed. I was never one to go crazy on New Year’s Eve. Usually I spend it with a few close people doing something on the mellow side of things (like karaoke at a quiet bar or getting together at a friend’s house). This year we went to a birthday/New Year’s Eve party where I met more people, got to practice my French a little, and had my first ever smoked meat sandwich. We slipped out a little before midnight and took a taxi back to where we were staying, and rang in the new year quiety, just the two of us.
2. Awesome was a lovely few days in Quebec City with my boyfriend, where we spent an afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts of Quebec, ate delicious Greek food, and saw Wild (a movie about a woman who does a solo through-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail – based on the novel by Cheryl Strayed) at the movie theatre. I also bought myself a new pair of hiking boots (as I had to retire my Asolos in Austria this past summer), and had an amazing full-body massage.
3. Awesome is the fact that I not only made it safely from Quebec City to Montreal (the weather hasn’t been very nice the past few days), but also that I am able to stay at a quiet, comfortable hotel for the night, rather than spend my evening at the crowded and chaotic airport, as many flights have been cancelled and delayed today. I hope everyone gets to their destinations without much more delay!