Well it’s about time I sit down and scrounge up the awesome of the past two weeks.
1. Awesome was a fantastic sushi dinner party with lots of friends at my house last night, as well as dinner with friends Thursday night, and last Saturday night, as well as a brunch potluck with friends two weekends ago. I think I’ve eaten more meals with friends these past few weeks than I have alone.
2. Awesome was a Friday evening of board games and tonnes of laughs with friends.
3. Awesome was an afternoon of berry picking out on the land with all of the elementary students on Friday afternoon. With the sun shining for the first time in forever, it was the perfect way to top off a busy week of school, meetings and training.
4. Awesome was the opportunity to attend an extremely informative two-day training session about the effect of trauma on the brain, and the need for compassionate schooling. The training really put a lot of things into perspective and, done well, I can see the implementation of a compassionate approach to education being quite effective.
5. Awesome was, after months of anticipation, receiving my beautiful pair of custom-made seal skin kamik, sewn by Annie Kauki from Tasiujaq. Nakurmiimarialuk!
6. Awesome was a girl’s night – complete with delicious food, nail polish.
7. Awesome was celebrating my 3-year quitting smoking anniversary (on September 20th)!
8. Awesome was a night out on the town with friends last Friday evening.