1. Awesome was the burst of relative warmth that permeated the village of Tasiujaq yesterday. After several weeks of temperatures ranging from -40 to -55 degrees Celsius, Herculean winds and constant blowing snow, the forecast was a balmy -24 degrees Celsius and sunny, with barely a breath of wind. I seized the moment, dropped everything I was doing, and went for my first outdoor run since the first of December.
2. Awesome was the “runner’s high” I felt afterward.
3. Awesome was a productive afternoon working on Mission September matters. Three steps closer!
4. Awesome was a long evening walk to the airport and back with a friend.
5. Not awesome was losing the cleat off of one of my boots on said walk, but awesome was finding it again, just as I was beginning to lose hope, on the way back.