1. Awesome was an hour and a half of volleyball with friends yesterday afternoon.
2. Awesome was returning from volleyball to find the sewage truck not only operational, but at my house, emptying the tank. After literally a week of sponge baths, honey buckets and washing my dishes camping style, sewage never smelled so exciting.
3. Awesome was working out yesterday knowing that I could have a real shower afterward.
4. Awesome was a dinner invitation, and sharing dinner with 2 friends yesterday evening.
5. Awesome was receiving an e-card from my friend Dominic.
I met Dominic while I was living in Shanghai, at capoeira training. We spent many Saturday afternoons practicing kicks and defences, handstands and cartwheels in the courtyard of either of our apartment complexes, or in Renmin Park. It’s been 2 and a half years since we’d last seen each other, as I returned to Canada and he moved to Saudi Arabia, but we’ve kept in touch.
His e-card was both extremely thoughtful and heartwarming, and popped up in my inbox just when thoughtful and heartwarming was what I craved.