1. Awesome was my third consecutive day of morning yoga.
2. Awesome was whipping up a batch of vegetarian chili to cook in my slow cooker while I was at work in the morning – 2 cups of water, 1/2 cube of vegetable stock, 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of Cajun spice, garlic, salt, pepper, minced onion, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 4 chopped carrots, 1 chopped leek, 1 diced green pepper and 2 grated zucchinis made up this delicious repast.
3. Awesome was sharing this meal with 3 colleagues.
4. Awesome was a hug.
5. Awesome was receiving a cupcake for my birthday. Our school’s student council have been busy baking cupcakes for all the students, teachers and staff whose birthdays were in August, September and October, and gave them out yesterday afternoon.
It’s reassuring to know that it is something that can be treated with a little extra TLC (most of which – vitamin supplements, exercise, proper nutrition – I’m doing; some of which – light therapy, more socializing – I’m going to try). In fact, I even feel a bit better just knowing what’s causing me to feel the way I’ve felt over the past little while.
7. Awesome was spending half of my day yesterday with my Math and Science pedagogical counsellor. Not only was I reassured that I’m on the right track in teaching these subjects, she gave me an extremely helpful bank of ideas – strategies and activities – that I can apply to my teaching of these subjects from hereon out.
8. Awesome was having a visitor last night.
Typically, my week day evenings consist of cooking and eating dinner, working out, showering and reading, watching a movie or just generally hanging out at home, solo. As I’ve said before, this has especially been so the past few weeks on account of my “winter blahs”.
Knowing, however, that this is counterproductive to my healing, I’ve been striving to be less isolated. Thus, it was awesome to have one of the police officers over for a bit to just hang out and chat. I went to bed feeling significantly more connected to humanity than I have in awhile.