1. Awesome was waking up feeling light and nimble, with the urge to do some morning yoga. In reality my body was a little more stiff than I’d expected, but I did sun salutations to loosen up and find energy.
2. Awesome was weighing in – after last week’s kick in the pants – 3 pounds lighter.
3. Awesome was another afternoon of playing volleyball yesterday with friends – including one who was visiting from another village.
4. Awesome was saying what I needed to say.
5. Awesome was the batch of soup that I cooked in my slow cooker – consisting of 3 cups of water, 1 can of tomato paste, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, curry powder, ginger, a bit of olive oil, carrots, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes and lentils, this soup, with the homemade healthy bannock I’d also baked yesterday morning, made a perfect lunch on the frigid (-45 degrees Celsius) Sunday afternoon.
6. Awesome was my impromptu plyometric workout (consisting of jogging, jumping jacks, butt kicks, high knees, mummy kicks, cross countries, heismans, forward punches, front kicks, up-punches and side kicks – each for one minute intervals. After the 11-minute set, I took a 1-minute water break and repeated it all again. Twice. Afterward I did 45 sweaty minutes of self-guided power yoga.
7. Awesome was pushing myself a little further in vasisthasana. Currently, I can stack my feet and extend my arm and do the version of vasisthasana shown in the first photo; mentally, I want to do the version shown in the second photo. To work my way up to it, I’ve started extending both my arm and my leg to create a sort of “scissors” effect. It’s tough, but I did it.